Friday 3 May 2013

Evaluation: How did you attract/address your audience?

How did you attract/address your audience?

I addressed my audience using this magazine being friendly and using eye contact. I used language that would imply the reader/audience but wasn't offensive. The person on the front of the magazine looks out at the audience and because i took the photo i hoped for it to represent the audience i am targeting and so it would become more appealing. To attract my audience i involve a competition on the front of my magazine. I use simple sentences as it gives the magazine a simpler, cleaner look which doesn't involve a lot of reading to put people off. I have also done a questionnaire of peoples points of view in what attracts them to a magazine which i took into account while producing mine.

The person on the front cover is a mid-shot and is my 'celebrity' for the magazine and what the articles about. She is an example of my target audience in the way she dresses, wears her make-up and the fact she is striking a rock pose which goes with the post-grunge and alternative rock theme of the magazine. I think the person on the front cover is very important as the position and expression they are making represents how professional or unprofessional the magazine is and generally people who are looking to buy a magazine look at the front cover first and 'judge' it.

The colours i use within the magazine and on the front are simple as i keep to three:
Black
White
Red

These colours can be liked by both female and male. It goes with the magazines i have been looking at too. Also like the magazines i have been looking at, especially MOJO's front cover, i was inspired by the plain background and found it had a much more appealing appearance than a busy background. So i decided my magazine front cover was going to be white and plain. This helped me give off a simple, clean and uncomplicated look which i am pleased with. White is a light and airy colour too and i found i could use a lot of colours on this background too, so i didn't have to worry about not seeing some of the writing because the colours clashed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment