Friday 3 May 2013

Evaluation: What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

My text is aimed at a niche audience as it is only a part of rock that would not interest everyone. I would choose a publisher that publishes my own kind of magazine. I would probably go with a publisher like EMAP because they publish a number of other similar magazines including MOJO one of the magazines i have been looking at. I think that they would distribute my magazine because it publishes very similar styled magazines and although my target audience isn't the biggest there are older  audiences that like this music and might find the magazine of interest.

The magazine would be able to be sold at supermarkets such as; Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, WHSmith etc because although I think it a smaller audience compared to pop music over in the UK there are fans of the music and some of the bands that are in this category are well known. They also supply wide varieties of magazines to accommodate a wide audience especially young adults which my magazine is aimed at. Also because of the technology we have today, my magazine doesn't have to be sold in physical presence but could be sold over the Internet. For example; WHSmith. There is a number of music magazines sold online by this company which is quite well known in the UK so this would attract a big amount of customers with a lot of different interests. So my magazine could be of interest to WHSmith. Many people now have access to the Internet and it is a quick and easy way to purchase something. This would work to an advantage as i know that for people to buy my magazine, they don't have to be in a shop but at home or work on the Internet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment