Thursday 2 May 2013

Evaluation: Who would be the audience for your media product?

Who would be the audience for your media product?

My target audience is a niche audience. As there are many different types of music, post-grunge and alternative is only a small majority in this industry.

My age range is from 15-25. Although the magazine may interest older audiences i have made it to fit this catagory specifically and i have tried to aim the magazine at both genders so that it will appeal to more.

Although this is a music magazine and the audiences interest is obviously music, i have included festivals and competitions to win money and a holiday. From speaking to people that is one thing that attracts them to a magazine as it is a free thing to enter however unlikely the chances of winning are. I used my questionnaire and from what i have found out people like keeping up dated on celebrity gossip so thatwould be something to include in my magazine. As my magazine is aimed at 15-25 year olds i would assume they would be in education, in an apprentership and working part time or just starting a full time job. Either way i do not feel that my magazine would majorly effect their daily life as it is something to enjoy and read in their spare time It may effect their lifestyle but probably not their career. I would also include games to do in the magazine and advertisement for movies, games and music. This way the magazine attracts wider audiences from different social groups and the people within my target audience.

I think the ABC1 C2DE grouping system is outdated and that my magazine is for all 'classes'. A lot has changed for this to still be in use especially to be compared to, music taste as there is such a variety now and people are free to like what they want. The class system can still be used in other senses, such as; jobs, countries where there is a big difference in the rich and poor etc. Over here in the western culture, UK, buying a magazine once a month isn't much. And doing the questionnaire i made, people would most likely buy a magazine once a month.




No comments:

Post a Comment