Thursday 2 May 2013

Evaluation: In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

For this I am going to compare with MOJO's magazine.
My front cover compared to MOJO's magazine front cover very similar as the colours used are similar. The shots used for the MOJO magazines usually vary from close-up shots to mid-shots. I decided to use a mid-shot as with the photo that I have taken, it goes better than to have it zoomed in. It is also more to one side rather than the centre where most of the celebrities on MOJO's magazine are. But like the other magazine, I have decided to go with a clear background which gives it a cleaner look and the audience can concentrate more on the photograph and the writing. The font type I used is different as compared to MOJO that covers more the classical rock I wanted something to fit my theme more. The layout for my magazine I chose myself although writing 'Superstition' across the middle of the cover was triggered by MOJO's magazine. I think my magazine works quite well considering the software I used to change the image was new to me.




The DPS I made was based with one main picture as the background rather than a number of images. This MOJO double page is very similar to what I did. There was a main image and the writing was written over the top of the image rather than in a coloured text box. There are two main colours on here, so unlike mine I had three and they were similar colours to the front cover and contents page, just this time a different shade of red. I also added my own elements to my DPS like the facebook and twitter symbols. Also the amazon symbol which was linked in to the article, used as advertisement. The layout I used was my own idea as I thought it worked well with the image I had and didn't leave lots of empty space. I did find myself experimenting a lot with the size of the fonts and where things should go but I'm happy with the end result.


The contents page i wanted to stay simple with one main image at the top and then the page numbers down 3/4 of the page. I also found MOJO's contents design simple too but instead of putting a celebrity up as the main image i put up a picture that i took of part of a guitar to signify all the music, rather than just one. My contents is darker and consists of the three main colours running through the magazine. I think now that i have completed this task there may be things i would change and experiment with; how i could use the space differently and perhaps more effectively. Overall i am pleased with this. Although mine is less detailed i felt the contents had all it needed on it. MOJO magazine used very similar colours to me but i think my red stands out more and the colours are richer giving off a stronger influence.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment