Wednesday 1 May 2013

Evaluation: What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

 
To take the photos that i have used for my magazine front cover, double page spread and contents page, i used the camera on my phone and uploaded them onto the school laptop and a Mac. I used three programs to make my magazine what it is. I also Google as my search engine.

Microsoft Publisher

I used microsoft because this way i could easily play about with the settings;size of the writing, fonts etc. I used Publisher for the layout and cropping pictures so that i could fill the page with what was most important. It was also used for it's range of fonts. Especially with the front cover and double page spread. The picture of the stage that i use for my double page i wanted to make bigger as there was too much black space that wasn't needed, especially at the top. I also cropped the front cover as i had it as a medium shot but the audience would mostly be looking at the models face and above the elbows rather than her stomach. I then made her a little bigger to take up more of the page.

Pixlr

Pixlr was a new program for me so i did a few practise edits, changing and adding layers to the original photo. I changed the saturates and contrast and played about with special effects. I also tried rubbing out the background and seeing what i could do with that. I chose to experiment on photos of bands that was withing my magazines theme, post grunge and alternative rock. Using Pixlr i also realised what did and didn't go, such as; colours, effects and brightness.

 
 Blogger

Before this coursework task i had never used Blogger. It has allowed me to share my work, look at others and to comment and share my opinions. Blogger was also what i used to create some of the pieces of work i have put up rather than using a microsoft document as it allowed me to paste pictures and write in different fonts etc. Although it allowed me to do this it is very limited and unlike publisher i can't place photo's exactly where i want them.

 

Google

Google was used majorly in the process of making my magazine. I got my practise photo's from google and the mood boards i produced included Google images. I also used this search engine when i was researching secondary sources for other magazines and fonts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment